Mashed carrots with turmeric flakes
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 kg carrots;
- 2 shallots;
- 90g salted butter;
- 50g cream;
- 20 cl milk;
- 1 teaspoon Terre Exotique turmeric flakes;
- ½ teaspoon Terre Exotique Guerande fleur de sel;
- ½ teaspoon Terre Exotique Bahia red pepper.
- Start by peeling, washing and chopping your carrots.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a saucepan, then add your finely chopped shallots and fry, then add the carrots.
- Fry gently then add enough water to cover the carrots. Cover, then leave to simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Once the carrots are cooked, remove the water then add the milk, turmeric, salt and pepper then mash the carrots.
- Add the butter, cream and milk then mash again.
- Serve piping hot with roast chicken or fish.
Leave a Reply